And the journey begins!
And YAY – I can now upload videos! #Sweet!!
As you’ll hear from the video and see from the picture, my journey has started out in the best way possible … a run with friends!
I have been running with this crew consistently for the last five years and they are my lifeline! Our 0545 (turned 0630) morning runs on M/W/F each week have kept me sane and something I look forward to. Our #NeverMissAMonday has gotten me out of bed in the pitch dark of winter and the bright light of summer. Grateful to my friends for joining me this morning before I set off! Thanks Jane, Debbie, Derek and Don! With special mention to their furry friends Leo, Cota and Emmie!
Friday afternoon traffic on the 80 East probably wasn’t the best idea, but once I was out of the city I started to relax and just let the road lead me where I was about to go.
I started the trip off with a few founders — it is always so much fun to connect with ambitious people looking to change the world! And then I got re-acquainted with Sirius Radio — it was one of the things I cut off when Covid hit because I wasn’t driving anywhere! I got in one podcast Lewis Howes – The Millionaire Habits That Changed My Life – Episode 1135. I’ll add some of the highlights from here tomorrow!
And as I pulled into my first destination, I turned on some music that I love … these likely aren’t on your play list but they are on mine 🙂
- Eric Church – Mr. Misunderstood (I got to see him in concert a few years back – was the best 2nd date that never went anywhere, that I’ve ever had 🙂
- Rachel Platten – Fight Song (oh how many times I sing this one out loud!)
- LOCASH – I Love this Life!! (If this doesn’t make you get up and want to dance, well then, you probably don’t like country music 🙂
- Ashley McBryde – Girl Goin’ Nowhere (Damn, I want to find out where I can see her live – she’s so real and awesome – love her music .. And this song … I’m sorry, but ladies, .. c’mon .. who doesn’t relate to this??!?)
- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee – Despacito (GreeceBaby is calling us again Mona, Karen and Mahlet!)
- Dean Brody – Time (Everyone go and kiss and hug your loved ones, please)
- John Mayer – In the Blood (Always think of my friend Bruce when this song comes on)
Looking for Audible recommendations; Podcasts, and yes, I’d love to hear what music makes you want to get up and dance!
Grateful for …. my parents and sister for being my co-pilots and check in points along my journey | my team for keeping the train running smoothly while I am away | 30 degree sunshine! | my car! I love driving it and she’s keeping me safe on my travels | friends letting me couch surf and break up my travels.
Not many places to stop and take photos of the breathtaking views as you’re heading towards Tahoe, but just like my Dad says about lotto tickets … all you need is one.